General Data Protection Regulation 2018
This privacy notice is in place to inform our clients and artists of how we at HIRE-A-DANCER.COM may collect, use and protect their personal data.
HIRE-A-DANCER.COM is committed to protecting any personal information you share with us.
We operate in accordance with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
It is the right of anyone required to submit personal data to HIRE-A-DANCER.COM to understand what personal information we collect and why, how we use and store that information and how we dispose of that information should you no longer use our services or should any of your details change.
We aim to operate fairly and with complete transparency, enabling you to contact HIRE-A-DANCER.COM at any time to confirm what personal data we hold and to ask us to remove any information you do not wish for us to have.
The majority of our communications will be via email and/or telephone. Your email address will never be displayed within a group email without your prior consent. In some circumstances it will be possible to change the way we contact you, however, please note this may result in important information being missed or delayed.
It is your right to choose what communications you wish to receive from us, i.e. only information relevant to you as an individual or company. You can opt in or out of communication for marketing purposes at any time.
To view, update or remove any information please email: email@example.com. Requests for full details held by us will require proof of identity.
What personal information will we collect and why?
We will not collect any information other than what is lawfully relevant to your interaction with us, (to include but not limited to: rehearsals, performances, events, transport arrangements, fee calculations).
Information required for business communications:
- Contact name & telephone number – Some events will be organised outside of office hours or with freelance and travelling artists so HIRE-A-DANCER.COM must be provided with contact details to liaise with individuals at agreed times to ensure contracts are completed successfully.
- Email address – Most communication is detailed through email including contracts and invoices to and from HIRE-A-DANCER.COM. If you wish to use an alternative method of communication e.g. postal, you must express this initially. Please note you will incur longer payment times and may miss out on relevant additional information if you choose not to communicate via email.
- Company details – Name and contact details of businesses using the services of HIRE-A-DANCER.COM. Any other relevant information relating to an event. E.g. if the nature of the business or promotional activity is relevant to the performance.
- Artists Performance history – in relation to an artists’ CV, to ensure their experience for a job
- Address – Postal addresses will be necessary to organise venues for events and for invoice receipts. Artists’ addresses will also be required, to ensure they are geographically able to travel to venues for jobs.
- Bank details – Bank account details supplied on invoices, bills or Purchase Orders by artists and clients will be retained on file for future payments. All payments will be made by BACS transfer.
- Passports – HIRE-A-DANCER.COM will, with consent, retain the passport details of artists wishing to be considered for bookings abroad.
The data will not be shared with any third parties. All data HIRE-A-DANCER.COM collects regarding clients and artists will be used solely for agreed work. Any requests by third parties for data will only be shared following the clients specific agreement.
The information will be used to provide jobs for artists. This includes sharing their contact details with other artists who they will be working with to arrange rehearsals and transport. The information collected from clients will be used to organise bookings. Relevant client information will be given to artists who will be working for them, including venue and event details and contact phone numbers for use solely for the purpose of the relevant booking.
Photos and Video:
Photos and videos may be taken at events for promotional activity. In accepting a job, artists give their permission for media use.
Artists must contact HIRE-A-DANCER.COM directly if they wish to use any media for their own portfolios. Failure to request the permission of HIRE-A-DANCER.COM may result in a termination of future contracts.
HIRE-A-DANCER.COM will always credit the photographer when using their pictures for promotion. HIRE-A-DANCER.COM will use social media websites to present work. All social media websites used within the EU are also required to adhere to strict data protection protocols in line with the GDPR guidelines. As such all personal information stored, collected or processed there will be handled with the up most security and accessible by necessary persons only. Should the client not wish photos and videos to be shared on social media, they should specify in advance.
How will your information be stored securely?
All electronic information is retained on HIRE-A-DANCER.COM approved devices only and password protected and/or encrypted.
We use Google Drive to store certain information on the above mentioned devices and for the creation of electronic forms such as contracts and invoices. All information stored or collected through Google Drive (for example Google Forms, Google Sheets or Google Notes) is handled in the strictest of confidence by the Founding Partners and HIRE-A-DANCER.COM approved staff only and in accordance with the new regulations. Google Drive is also fully GDPR compliant.
How long will the data be stored for?
The data will be stored for as long as HIRE-A-DANCER.COM has a business relationship with you, or until you express otherwise. Clients and artists have the right to request removal of some or all of their data held by HIRE-A-DANCER.COM at any time.
We will update this notice from time to time. Any substantial changes that affect your rights will be provided to you directly as far as is reasonably practical.
If you have any further questions related to the privacy of your data with HIRE-A-DANCER.COM, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies Policy of HIRE-A-DANCER.COM
This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
These are temporary cookies that are stored only until you close your web browser after using our website.
We use session cookies so that our website can recognise when you move between pages and store any data that you have entered. This means that when you move between pages on our website you are not treated as a completely new user each time. Being able to track your movement through our website with session cookies also contributes to our website analytics.
These are cookies that are stored on your device even after you have closed the browser after using our website.
Persistent cookies are used so that our website remembers what acts you have added to your enquiry basket. These cookies identify you as a unique user on our website but they do not store any identifying information.
Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Analytics: Google Analytics
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data, Contacting the User, Contact form
- Personal Data: address, city, company name, country, email address, field of activity, first name, last name, phone number, various types of Data and website
- Mailing list or newsletter
- Personal Data: address, city, company name, Cookies, country, date of birth, email address, first name, gender, last name, phone number, profession, province, Usage Data, website and ZIP/Postal code
- Contact information
Information is held for two years, after which time you will be requested to reconfirm the retention of the above details. Please get in touch if you would like your information removed earlier.
Cookies set by third party sites
We embed video content on our website from video providers like Vimeo and YouTube, as well as social media posts from Instagram, Twitter, et al. As a result, when you visit a page on our website with content embedded from YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from their website. HIRE-A-DANCER.COM does not control the distribution of these cookies.
If you want to restrict or block the cookies used on our website, you can do this through changing your browser settings. A comprehensive guide to controlling and deleting cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.